Saturday, March 17, 2012

xiang xinyuan tv drowning boy

xiang xinyuan tv drowning boy-The influence of watching television was behind the scenes of a dramatic river rescue in Guiyang, China. Xiang Xinyuan did not give it a second thought when she saw a boy struggling for his life in a freezing river. She jumped straight in and, based only on what she had seen on TV programmes, succeeded in saving the 11-year-old boy from drowning. "I just knew he needed help and I did what I should do," said Xiang, a 16-year-old high school student. "The water was freezing but it also helped me calm down and try to remember some life-saving techniques from TV programmes I watched."

Xiang had been taking a walk with a friend along the Nanming River in freezing temperatures on Tuesday night when she spotted the boy waving desperately and shouting for help. Knowing her friends could not swim, she rushed to the riverbank and dove into the water.

The rescued boy, Xianxian, was quoted by the local Guiyang Evening News as saying that he went out to play by the river because TV programmes were boring. "I really appreciate what the brave girl has done for my son. Without her help, my son would have died," said Xianxian's father, He Yingxin, 44 read the article

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More